Doug Dunbar Discusses “Return To D-Day”
NORTH TEXAS (CBSDFW.COM) – CBS 11 had the honor of documenting the emotional journey of eight WWII vets from North Texas as they returned to Normandy, France in June, 2013. They all fought for the common cause, but had never met, until their trip.
The Return To D-Day brought many smiles; tears as well. And often, moments, when there were simply no words.
CBS 11 anchor Doug Dunbar talked with Fort Worth Magazine recently about the experience. “This was the trip of a lifetime, the highlight of my career. It was cathartic [and] emotional. They put to rest 69 years of some horrible memories,” Dunbar said.
Dunbar shared the stories of eight men who say, all they did was the job they were given. Eight men — part of the The Greatest Generation, whose bravery and sacrifice helped change the course of the world. Read more from Fort Worth, Texas Magazine here.
The Daughters of World War II, treated 8 North Texas D Day veterans to this once in a lifetime trip. The Dallas-based non-profit organization operates solely from donations. If you’d like to donate, click here to visit their website.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Diahann Carroll Honored By TBAAL For Work
- TCU Security Guard Arrested For Improper Photography
- More Than 300 Birds Seized From Alleged Cock Fighting Operation
- Johnson Co. Residents Clean Up After Storm Hits
- Amber Alert Canceled After 3 Children Found In Houston
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Migrating Spiders Sailing Through North Texas Skies
- Texas Lt. Gov. Says Obama Should Be Impeached
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures