Doug Dunbar Discusses “Return To D-Day”
NORTH TEXAS (CBSDFW.COM) - CBS 11 had the honor of documenting the emotional journey of eight WWII vets from North Texas as they returned to Normandy, France in June, 2013. They all fought for the common cause, but had never met, until their trip.
The Return To D-Day brought many smiles; tears as well. And often, moments, when there were simply no words.
CBS 11 anchor Doug Dunbar talked with Fort Worth Magazine recently about the experience. “This was the trip of a lifetime, the highlight of my career. It was cathartic [and] emotional. They put to rest 69 years of some horrible memories,” Dunbar said.
Dunbar shared the stories of eight men who say, all they did was the job they were given. Eight men — part of the The Greatest Generation, whose bravery and sacrifice helped change the course of the world. Read more from Fort Worth, Texas Magazine here.
The Daughters of World War II, treated 8 North Texas D Day veterans to this once in a lifetime trip. The Dallas-based non-profit organization operates solely from donations. If you’d like to donate, click here to visit their website.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Study: Insurers May Use Drug Costs To Discriminate
- Paroled Dallas Inmate Set To Die For Different 1996 Slaying
- Police Believe Child Sexual Predator Uses Money To Lure Kids
- Lewisville Police Warn Of Attempted Child Abduction
- Police Offer Crime Prevention Class After String Of Burglaries
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Migrating Spiders Sailing Through North Texas Skies
- Texas Lt. Gov. Says Obama Should Be Impeached
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures