One Dead From Duncanville Officer Involved Shooting
Get Breaking News First
DUNCANVILLE (CBSDFW.COM) - One person is dead after a police officer involved shooting in a Duncanville neighborhood.
Duncanville Police were called to the 400 block of Kelly Court for a major disturbance on around 8:30 a.m. on Monday.
Lorrie Garcia was getting ready for work when when her frightened daughter rushed into her bedroom to tell her about a shooting.
“She heard a woman screaming and hollering and saying, ‘No, no, don’t do it! I love you, I love you!’ And then she heard what sounded like gunshots,” said Garcia.
Duncanville Police report two officers responded to the call. They aren’t saying just what happened, but the officers confronted the man, then chased him through several front yards.
“When officers arrived they wound up encountering a subject, and after a brief foot chase some shots were fired and the suspect was shot. None of the officers were injured,” said Duncanville Police Officer Doug Sisk.
Duncanville called in the Dallas County Sheriff’s Department to investigate the shooting. The man has been identified as 28-year-old Clinton Peterson.
Garcia says the neighborhood usually suffers only from minor property damage crime, but the shooting has her worried.
“It’s scary, it really is. I mean, you don’t know if a stray bullet is going to fly through a window, you don’t know if he’s running around there with a gun. You just don’t know. It’s hard.”
- Would-be Homebuyers Consider Remodeling Instead
- SMU Sells Beer For The First Time At Home Game
- North Texas Dominates Nicholls 77-3
- No. 6 Texas A&M rolls 58-6 over June-less SMU
- Silver Alert Canceled After Missing Fort Worth Senior Found
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Migrating Spiders Sailing Through North Texas Skies
- Texas Lt. Gov. Says Obama Should Be Impeached
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures