PLANO (CBS 11 NEWS) – Plano Animal Services has partnered with the city’s Geographic Information Systems Department to create an online map enabling owners to search for missing pets 24 hours a day.
The online lost pet kennel is a map that shows where the animal was found and provides a picture of the pet to help owners identify their lost furry friends.
This map is intended to make it more convenient for owners to search for lost pets but is in no way meant to replace an actual in-shelter visit, according to the City of Plano Animal Services’ website.
The city’s goal is for the tool to make it easier for owners to reclaim pets.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Woman Suspected In Minnesota, Florida Deaths Caught In Texas
- Karolyis To NBC: ‘No Way’ They Knew About Doctor’s Behavior
- Former Brown University President Takes Over At Prairie View
- Texas Appeals Court Says ‘Revenge Porn’ Law Is Unconstitutional
- NBA Coaching Candidates: Perfect Hires For Every Opening
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Migrating Spiders Sailing Through North Texas Skies
- Texas Lt. Gov. Says Obama Should Be Impeached
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures