PLANO (CBS 11 NEWS) - Plano Animal Services has partnered with the city’s Geographic Information Systems Department to create an online map enabling owners to search for missing pets 24 hours a day.
The online lost pet kennel is a map that shows where the animal was found and provides a picture of the pet to help owners identify their lost furry friends.
This map is intended to make it more convenient for owners to search for lost pets but is in no way meant to replace an actual in-shelter visit, according to the City of Plano Animal Services’ website.
The city’s goal is for the tool to make it easier for owners to reclaim pets.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Bears Beat Cowboys 45-28 On Ditka Day
- Steve Stockman Challenges Cornyn In U.S. Senate Race
- Falling Ice the New Threat From Winter Weather
- CBS 11 iTeam: Where Were The Mayors?
- North Texas ISD’s Decide To Open Or Not To Open
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Migrating Spiders Sailing Through North Texas Skies
- Texas Lt. Gov. Says Obama Should Be Impeached
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures