NORTH TEXAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – A new Harris Interactive Poll released last week shows the metroplex is home to the most people in the country who don’t drink alcohol — ever.
Nearly one in three North Texans never pick up beer, wine or liquor.
Houston is second on the list of non-imbibers at 28 percent.
But the poll finds that beer is the beverage of choice for boozers in the area. DFW has the second highest number of brew drinkers in the country, with the whiskey family coming in second – the only market where a top two spot is held by anything other than beer or wine.
Philly hops into first place for having more consumers (70 percent) who drink beer, according to the poll.
Dallas also has the least number of people in the country who swig wine.
And when it comes to breaking out the bubbly, consumers in the D.C. (26 percent) and New York City (25 percent) are more likely than those in any other market to ever drink champagne or sparkling wine.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Longtime Dallas Cowboys LB Dave Edwards Dies At 76
- Report: Ian Desmond Signs With Rockies
- Dallas Cowboys Sean Lee Is NFL Man Of The Year Finalist
- Florida Grocery Store Offers Beer And Wine While You Shop
- Thursday Night Breakdown: Raiders, Chiefs Battle For AFC West Lead
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Migrating Spiders Sailing Through North Texas Skies
- Texas Lt. Gov. Says Obama Should Be Impeached
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures