Texas Homeowner Kills 2 Who Asked About Roosters
DONNA (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Investigators say a Texas homeowner has shot and killed two people who asked about buying roosters then drew guns on the resident.
Hidalgo County Sheriff Lupe Trevino on Monday said no charges were immediately filed over the shootings near Donna.
Deputies on Sunday night received 911 calls about gunfire, then found one man dead on a road and a second person deceased at a residence.
Trevino says preliminary information indicates two people drove to the home, inquired about buying some roosters, then flashed guns. The sheriff says the homeowner retrieved his own weapon and shot both individuals. All three guns have been recovered.
Names of the pair who died weren’t immediately released. Autopsies were ordered. Trevino says the roosters were apparently fighting cocks.
Donna is in South Texas, about 500 miles south of Dallas.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Diahann Carroll Honored By TBAAL For Work
- TCU Security Guard Arrested For Improper Photography
- Over 300 Birds Seized From Alleged Cock Fighting Operation
- Johnson Co. Residents Clean Up After Storm Hits
- Amber Alert Canceled After 3 Children Found In Houston
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Migrating Spiders Sailing Through North Texas Skies
- Texas Lt. Gov. Says Obama Should Be Impeached
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures