After Slow Decline, Barnes’ Future Uncertain With Longhorns
AUSTIN (AP) – The Texas Longhorns have been in a long, steady decline. And given the player exodus since last season, coach Rick Barnes is under increasing pressure to make a quick turnaround.
For more than a decade, Barnes pushed the Texas program to new heights: A Final Four appearance, the first No. 1 ranking in school history and two Longhorns, T.J. Ford and Kevin Durant, earned national player of the year honors.
But a long drought of postseason success has dragged into its fifth year and last season’s losing 16-18 record — Texas’ first since 1997 — have raised questions about Barnes’ future.
Texas opens the season at home Nov. 8 against Mercer.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Van Found In Amarillo Linked To Armored Car Heist
- Second Man Arrested In Connection To Bank Robbery, Detective Shootings
- Keidel: From Frozen Tundras To A Helping Of Heinz
- Volunteers Bring Christmas To Shelter Residents
- Mother Of Denton Break-In Suspect Speaks
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Migrating Spiders Sailing Through North Texas Skies
- Texas Lt. Gov. Says Obama Should Be Impeached
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures