IRVING (AP) – The Dallas Cowboys have signed Everette Brown and released Jason Vega in a swap of ends for their injury-riddled defensive line.
Brown was a second-round pick by Carolina in 2009 and appeared in 28 games over two seasons. He played in three games for San Diego in 2011 and was out of football last season. Brown was among the final preseason cuts in Philadelphia this year.
The release of Vega on Tuesday came less than two weeks after he was signed off the practice squad. He had two tackles in two games.
The Cowboys also released running back Davin Meggett from their practice squad. It’s likely that starting running back DeMarco Murray will return Sunday against Minnesota after missing two games.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Flower Mound Police Seek Help Identifying Suspect For Failing To Render Aid
- New At DFW Airport: Therapy Dogs
- A&M Student Hit Police Car After Taking Topless Snapchat Pic For Boyfriend
- Suspect Arrested In Destruction Of Trump’s Star
- Apple Updates MacBook Pro With Keyboard Touch Bar
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures