Cowboys Sign Brown, Release Vega In Swap Of DEs
Cowboys CentralBuy Cowboys Tickets Shop for Cowboys Gear NFL Scoreboard
Sports Fan Insider
IRVING (AP) - The Dallas Cowboys have signed Everette Brown and released Jason Vega in a swap of ends for their injury-riddled defensive line.
Brown was a second-round pick by Carolina in 2009 and appeared in 28 games over two seasons. He played in three games for San Diego in 2011 and was out of football last season. Brown was among the final preseason cuts in Philadelphia this year.
The release of Vega on Tuesday came less than two weeks after he was signed off the practice squad. He had two tackles in two games.
The Cowboys also released running back Davin Meggett from their practice squad. It’s likely that starting running back DeMarco Murray will return Sunday against Minnesota after missing two games.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Agriculture Commissioner Staples To Resign
- Former Rangers Manager Ron Washington To Break Silence On Resignation
- PepsiCo Wants NFL To ‘Seize The Moment’
- Suspect Search Closes Fort Worth School
- Outdoor Warning Siren Malfunction Alarms Fort Worth Residents
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures