DALLAS (105.3 THE FAN) – The Dallas Mavericks parted ways Tuesday with GM Gersson Rosas, a conflict regarding organizational roles possibly at the core of the quickie divorce. Team owner Mark Cuban expressed ‘disappointment’ in Rosas decision to leave after just three months on the job.
But Rosas? He frankly cited ‘fit’ as the reason for the sudden change.
On Tuesday evening, Rosas released a statement through Mavs PR:
“I made the personal decision to resign as General Manager of the Dallas Mavericks after determining that the position was not the best fit for me at this point in my career,” said Rosas. “The decision was made solely by me, as I firmly believe this change is in my best interest.
“Mark Cuban asked me to reconsider my decision, but graciously accepted my decision and we part as friends,” Rosas continued. “I would like to thank Mark and the Dallas Mavericks for the opportunity.”
Cuban, in the same release: “I was disappointed when Gersson told me of his decision, but I understand and all of us wish him the best.”
Nelson, working under Cuban, was pivotal in pinpointing Rosas, 35, as the man to serve beneath him on the organizational chart as the general manager.
The short version of Cuban’s stated view of the hire in July? “Brainpower, organizational management and process power.” Rosas has those qualities. He spent a decade with the Rockets, starting as a video coordinator and being promoted to VP of basketball operations in 2012.
Rosas’ short run in charge — but not as “in charge” as he seemingly wished to be — leaves the Mavs with a void as they prepare for Wednesday’s season-opener at the AAC against visiting Atlanta. The “Triangle of Trust” (Cuban, Nelson and coach Rick Carlisle) will move forward without the help of a staffer viewed as so key just three months ago.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- ‘I Am Seeking The Best Solutions’: Governor Abbott To Host Series Of Events On School Safety
- Police Say Oak Lawn Robbery, Assault Victims Were Targeted For Being Gay
- Pricey Perks For North Texas Superintendents
- Parents Arrested After Children Left In Hot Car While They Shopped
- Iconic Dallas Real Estate Firm To Sells To Berkshire Hathaway Affiliate
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures