Revamped Mavs Roster Opens With Healthy Dirk
DALLAS (AP) - Dirk Nowitzki is healthy and ready for the opener with a revamped Dallas roster.
A year ago, the big German was just days removed from knee surgery and had to watch a roster full of new faces for the first 27 games. That’s the biggest reason a 12-year playoff streak ended for the Mavericks.
Nowitzki has two new guards in his starting lineup for the second straight year. Now the Mavericks have to see if Monta Ellis and Jose Calderon will be better than the pairing of Darren Collison and O.J. Mayo.
Dallas starts getting answers Wednesday night at home against Atlanta.
Coach Rick Carlisle says the “mission this year is to get back to winning in the playoffs.”
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Study: Insurers May Use Drug Costs To Discriminate
- Paroled Dallas Inmate Set To Die For Different 1996 Slaying
- Police Believe Child Sexual Predator Uses Money To Lure Kids
- Lewisville Police Warn Of Attempted Child Abduction
- Police Offer Crime Prevention Class After String Of Burglaries
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Migrating Spiders Sailing Through North Texas Skies
- Texas Lt. Gov. Says Obama Should Be Impeached
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures