Revamped Mavs Roster Opens With Healthy Dirk
DALLAS (AP) – Dirk Nowitzki is healthy and ready for the opener with a revamped Dallas roster.
A year ago, the big German was just days removed from knee surgery and had to watch a roster full of new faces for the first 27 games. That’s the biggest reason a 12-year playoff streak ended for the Mavericks.
Nowitzki has two new guards in his starting lineup for the second straight year. Now the Mavericks have to see if Monta Ellis and Jose Calderon will be better than the pairing of Darren Collison and O.J. Mayo.
Dallas starts getting answers Wednesday night at home against Atlanta.
Coach Rick Carlisle says the “mission this year is to get back to winning in the playoffs.”
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman Turns Cattle Ranch Into Vegan Animal Sanctuary
- Fantasy Football: The Only Reason To Care About The Brady-NFL Saga
- Woman Arrested For Alleged Sexual Assault Of Child
- Granbury Man Accused Of Taking Pictures Up Women’s Dresses
- Mavs Sign 7’2″ Center Salah Mejri From Tunisia
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Migrating Spiders Sailing Through North Texas Skies
- Texas Lt. Gov. Says Obama Should Be Impeached
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures