SMU Has New Depth For Larry Brown’s 2nd Season
Sports Fan Insider
DALLAS (AP) – Larry Brown has added some depth to the roster for his second season at SMU.
After the five starters each played more than 32 minutes a game in Brown’s debut with the Mustangs, they all return with some needed help. There are three transfer players now eligible after having to sit out last season, including likely starting point guard Nic Moore and big man Markus Kennedy. There is also a junior college center and a highly touted group of freshmen.
Brown says the Mustangs still don’t have a culture of winning.
SMU went 15-17 in the coach’s first season and hasn’t been to an NCAA tournament in two decades.
Now the Mustangs are in the new American Athletic Conference with defending national champion Louisville and 2011 champ Connecticut.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Funeral For Teen Killed In Dallas Hit-&-Run
- Dallas-Area Woman Arrested In Corn Dog Dispute
- Burgess Holds Emergency Preparedness Summit
- Dallas Police Standoff Ends Peacefully
- FDA Proposes Regulations For E-Cigarettes
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Migrating Spiders Sailing Through North Texas Skies
- Texas Lt. Gov. Says Obama Should Be Impeached
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures