NEW YORK (AP) – The Jonas Brothers are disbanding.
Nick, Joe and Kevin announced Tuesday they’re ending their highly successful run. The news comes after the brothers abruptly canceled their tour over creative differences earlier this month.
The breakup was first reported by People magazine. Publicist Jesse Derris confirmed the news and said no other details were available.
The brothers told People the breakup was unanimous and came after Nick Jonas told his brothers in a meeting earlier this month that he felt “trapped.”
The New Jersey brothers formed the band in 2005 and built a fan base through their association with the Disney Channel.
The band had been scheduled to release its fifth album later this year.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Bargain Hunters Brave Cold For Cheap TV
- Trending: Tracking Santa Upgrade, Piano Guys, Top Puppy Names
- Event Cancellations & Delays Due To Weather
- Deion Fired From Prime Prep Academy Again
- Trending: New Mom Selfie, Star Wars On Instagram, Go Pro Eagle
- Sasquatch Genome Project Reveals Bigfoot Photos
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The ‘Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Migrating Spiders Sailing Through North Texas Skies
- Texas Lt. Gov. Says Obama Should Be Impeached
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures