50 Year JFK Anniversary
The Dallas Love Project
Dallas has been transformed into one giant art gallery with 30,000 pieces of art inspired by the words of great peacemakers, poets, artists and musicians. Created by the people of Dallas, this remarkable project will redefine the city through a genuine outpouring of love — a true reflection of the character and courage of a remarkable city. The art will be displayed along the JFK motorcade route and all across Dallas through the anniversary of John F. Kennedy’s assassination, November 22, 2013.
The President John Fitzgerald Kennedy Day of Service, founded by Chart Westcott, will commemorate the 50th anniversary of President Kennedy’s assassination and honor his legacy through a citywide day of service on Saturday, November 23, 2013. Dallas residents will have the opportunity to participate in community service projects across the county, filling more than 2,500 volunteer slots for Dallas civic organizations, sending a strong message about the generosity of the city’s citizens and their commitment to honoring President Kennedy’s service legacy.
For all other general inquiries please contact Lindsey Williams, Executive Director for JFK Day, at 214-960-7767.
JFK “World Responds” Letters
More than 500 preserved letters are shedding light on public opinion following the assassination of President Kennedy 50 years ago. SMU has kept the letters at one of its libraries and the reactions within the letters spans from hatred to sympathy for the City of Dallas.
Make an appointment to see the letters by contacting SMU’s Office of News and Communications at 214-768-7650.
- Whataburger Continues Ban On Open Carry In Its Restaurants
- AA Flight Makes Emergency Landing At DFW Airport
- Police Arrest Alleged Shooter Of Coppell HS Football Star
- Donovan McNabb Arrested Again On Suspicion Of DUI
- General Mills Plans Move To Cage-Free Eggs
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures