Johnson Co. Teacher Jailed For Improper Student Relationship
Get Breaking News First
JOHNSON COUNTY (CBSDFW.COM) - A Johnson County teacher has been arrested and charged with Improper Relationship Between Educator And Student.
Taylor Cathey turned himself in to the Johnson County Sheriff’s Department after a warrant was issued for his arrest. He is being held on $75,000 bond.
Authorities say Cathey knew the female student and had a friendship which started one year ago. The relationship turned improper, according to law enforcement, in October of this year. Lt. Tim Jones called the relationship with the student “an alleged affair.”
Cathey is on paid administrative leave from the Godley Independent School District, which has been made aware of the charges.
The district’s website lists Cathey as an Assistant Band Director, Director of Percussion, journalism teacher and yearbook advisor for Godley High School.
- 2 Texas Football Players Charged With Sexual Assault
- ‘How Will Romo Look’ And ‘All Eyes On Rookie Demarcus Lawrence’
- Rangers Purchase Contract Of RHP Adcock
- North Texan Gets Probation For Pretending To Be A Fire Marshal
- Watch The Racy ’50 Shades Of Grey’ Trailer
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures