ABILENE (CBSDFW.COM) – Smoke in the cockpit forced a Southwest Airlines flight, which departed from Dallas Love Field Thursday morning, to make an emergency landing in Abilene, Texas.
Flight #12, carrying 123 passengers and five crew members, was enroute to Albuquerque, New Mexico at the time of the emergency.
No one was hurt and the plane landed safely.
Passengers were forced to deplane into the Abilene terminal building, as firefighters investigated the plane.
- UNT Excited To Play In Heart Of Dallas Bowl
- Residents File Lawsuit Over November Earthquake In Oklahoma
- In Bid To Fight Art Fraud, Sotheby’s Acquires Forensic Lab
- Expect The Unexpected, Say College Disaster Prep Officials
- Davis Scores 25 points, Texas A&M Beats TAMU-CC 86-69
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures