COLLEGE STATION (AP) — The Texas A&M University System Board of Regents has appointed former state Sen. Tommy Williams of the Woodlands as vice chancellor of federal and state relations.
Williams will start the $300,000-a-year job on Dec. 2. The appointment was announced Thursday.
Williams served three terms in the state House before he was elected to the state Senate in 2002. He served nearly four terms in the Senate before announcing earlier this month he would leave office.
Williams was chairman of the Senate Finance Committee in the 2013 session. An accountant, Williams is president of Woodforest Financial Services, and affiliate of Woodforest National Bank.
He graduated from Texas A&M in 1978.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Zoo Hippo Loses Calf After Giving Birth
- School Walkouts, Sit-Ins Planned After Florida Shooting
- Man Rescued After Driving Into Construction Hole In Irving
- Home Burglary Suspect Keeps Dallas Neighborhood On Edge
- Business Owner Says Square Holding More Than $7,000 Of His Money
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures