EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) – Christian Ponder will start at quarterback for the Minnesota Vikings against the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday.
Vikings coach Leslie Frazier made the announcement on Friday. Frazier has tabbed Ponder over Josh Freeman in a somewhat surprising decision.
After spending three games on the sideline, Ponder returned to the starting lineup last weekend against the Green Bay Packers while Freeman sat out with a concussion. But he did little to inspire confidence that he was capable of being the long-term answer at the position. He threw for 145 yards with no touchdowns and no interceptions in a 44-31 loss to the Packers.
Most thought Frazier would go back to Freeman against the Cowboys. But Frazier says Ponder gives the team the best chance to win.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Hotel Scheme Hooks Scholars From Around The World
- Cowtown Distillery First In Fort Worth To Make Bourbon
- T.J. Miller Arrested After Alleged Argument With Cab Driver
- Technology Alerts Oak Cliff Homeowner To Armed Intruder
- 9 Suburban Dallas Officers Fired For Falsifying Reports
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures