FORT WORTH (AP) – Martin Truex Jr. has a new full-time ride, agreeing to a multiyear deal to drive for Furniture Row Racing.
The expected announcement Friday came about two months after Truex appeared to have made the Sprint Cup championship with Michael Waltrip Racing. But NASCAR determined that MWR manipulated the finish of the Sept. 7 race at Richmond to get Truex in the Chase. Truex was later tossed from the Chase, along with other sanctions.
The fallout cost Truex his job at MWR when sponsor NAPA Auto Parts later said it was leaving at the end of the season.
With Kurt Busch driving the No. 78 Chevrolet, Furniture Row this season became the first single-car team to qualify for the Chase. Busch is moving to Stewart-Haas Racing next season.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Surprise! Johnny Depp Appears As Jack Sparrow On Disney Ride
- Southwest Airlines Misses Wall Street 1Q Forecasts
- Cavanaugh’s Final First Round Mock NFL Draft
- American Airlines Tops 1Q Profit Forecasts
- Water Leak Causes Closures & Evacuations At Frisco Hospital
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures