Police: Officer Shot And Killed Suspect Who Took His Taser
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - A man with a violent history was shot and killed by an officer Friday night in Cedar Crest. Police responded to a disturbance call at 11:40 p.m. on East Missouri Street. When they arrived, they found Salvador Munoz, 22, sitting on the front porch. A scuffled ensued when Munoz resisted arrest, and according to police, disarmed an officer of his Taser and refused to drop it. Witnesses reported hearing officers loudly asking Munoz to relinquish the Taser. But he didn’t.
“The suspect refused to comply and at this time one of the officers discharged his weapon striking the suspect,” said Deputy Chief Sheryl Scott.
Munoz was pronounced dead at the scene.
Chief David O. Brown released the following statement about the incident:
“We are conducting a thorough investigation of this incident. Independent civilian witnesses indicate that the suspect attacked the officers, disarmed the officers of their Taser and attempted to tase the officers. We will update the public as soon as the investigation is complete.”
Munoz was arrested in May for punching a Cockrell Hill police officer. His criminal history record shows arrests for drug possession and delivery, resisting arrest and Assault on a Public Servant.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Jerry Jones: Josh Brent Out Of Rehab, NFL Question Next
- Friends Join Church Members To Pray For Texas Doctor With Ebola
- North Texas Tax Office Adopts ‘In God We Trust’ Motto
- Amid Wailing Sirens, North Texas Teen Makes Connection In Israel
- Perry: America Must End ‘Ambivalence’ On Israel
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures