FORT WORTH (AP) — West Virginia’s Charles Sims rushed for a season-high 154 yards and Josh Lambert hit a 35-yard field goal in overtime for a 30-27 victory over TCU Saturday afternoon.
The Mountaineers (4-5, 2-4 Big 12) snapped a three-game losing streak and continue to fight for bowl eligibility.
In their overtime possession, the Horned Frogs had minus-5 yards, a 15-yard personal foul and an incomplete pass. Jaden Oberkrom, whose 45-yard field goal tied the game 27-27 with 19 seconds to play, missed a 62-yard attempt in the first overtime. Oberkrom’s career-long field goal was 53 yards.
Clint Trickett completed 25 of 41 passes for 267 yards and two touchdowns and two interceptions for West Virginia.
TCU and West Virginia had their first meeting in the Big 12 last year, and in the game, TCU overcame a 10-point deficit in the second half to win 39-38 in double-overtime.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Wal-Mart Takes Texas To Court To Crack Liquor-Sales Market
- TWU Student-Athletes With Rare Condition Released From Hospital
- Perez, Rangers Crushed By Indians 12-1
- Florida-Bound Southwest Flight Diverted After Engine Problem
- Cowboys QB Tony Romo Has Broken Bone In His Back
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures