Texas Rides Brown’s 4 TDs Over Kansas 35-13
Sports Fan Insider
AUSTIN (AP) – Malcolm Brown ran for 119 yards and four touchdowns and defensive tackle Chris Whaley scored his second touchdown of the season as Texas beat Kansas 35-13 Saturday for the Longhorns’ fifth win in a row.
Brown scored twice in the second quarter, and Whaley’s 40-yard fumble return in the third quarter broke open what had been a surprisingly close game. Whaley, who was initially recruited as a running back, also scored on a 31-yard interception return against Oklahoma.
Brown’s touchdown runs covered 2, 3, 1 and 30 yards for Texas (6-2, 5-0), which remains in a tie for first place in the Big 12. Case McCoy passed for 196 yards with two interceptions in Texas’ first home game since Sept. 21. The Longhorns held Kansas to 306 total yards.
Kansas dropped its 26th consecutive loss in the Big 12. Jake Heaps passed for 160 yards for the Jayhawks (2-6, 0-5).
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- TCU Gets Record-Setting 82-27 Rout Of Tech
- Sam Houston With 38-21 Win Over Abilene Christian
- Williams, Tretola Pace Arkansas Past UAB 45-17
- Alcorn St. Shuts Down Prairie View, 77-48
- Data Crunchers Help North Texans Choose A College
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures