FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Jimmie Johnson led 255 of 334 laps for a dominating victory Sunday that put the five-time champion back in the Chase for the Sprint Cup lead with two races left in the season.
Matt Kenseth and Johnson arrived at Texas Motor Speedway tied in points, though Kenseth was the leader based on his seven wins.
Johnson got his sixth victory this season, becoming only the second three-time Cup winner at Texas. The No. 48 Hendrick team takes a seven-point lead to Phoenix next week.
Kenseth was running second behind Johnson for much of the first half of the race before getting penalized for speeding. That dropped him to 16th place and more than 28 seconds back, though he recovered to finish fourth.
Johnson finished more than 4 seconds ahead of teammate Dale Earnhardt Jr., who had his fifth runner-up finish this season.
- Mother Challenges Joshua ISD Dress Code As Boy Grows Hair for Cancer Patients
- Boldin Turns Focus From NFL To Bridging Racial Divide
- NFL & EA Announce “Madden” Competition
- How A Dangerous Takata Air Bag Made Its Way Into A Used Car
- Randy Cross: USF, Quinton Flowers Could Get Off To A Really Hot Start
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)