Deployed Soldier Sees Wife Attacked In Texas During Video Chat
EL PASO (AP) — Authorities say a soldier deployed overseas was chatting by video conference with his pregnant wife in Texas when the woman was repeatedly stabbed at her home by a Fort Bliss soldier.
A police affidavit accuses 19-year-old Corey Moss of breaking into the victim’s El Paso home Saturday and waiting for her so he could confront her about a money debt.
When 31-year-old Rachel Poole arrived, she was chatting with her husband in Southwest Asia using a video chat service. Police say Moss attacked Poole from behind.
Poole identified the attacker to her husband, who contacted Fort Bliss to have Moss apprehended.
Poole was hospitalized. The condition of Poole and the fetus were not immediately known.
Moss remains in west Texas at the El Paso County Jail. It was not clear if he has an attorney.
© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cowboys Victory Makes Playoff Tickets A Hot Christmas Gift
- PD: Teen Shot Two Burleson Detectives After Robbing Bank
- Lady Antebellum, Pat Green Booked For Abbott Bash
- Former Youth Pastor Indicted On Child Pornography Charges
- NFL NFC Playoff Scenarios