Fight After Collin County Football Game Ends With 2 Arrests
COLLIN COUNTY (CBSDFW.COM) – Friday night lights turned into a Friday night fistfight. Now, police are investigating an ugly brawl that happened at a Plano Whataburger restaurant.
It’s not unusual for Plano teens to leave the Friday night football game and gather at an area Whataburger. But last week’s rivalry game between Plano and Plano West led to what police are calling “mayhem” at the restaurant.
A short video clip circulating on several social media sites shows a massive crowd packed inside the Whataburger on Coit Road in Plano. After some talking back-and-forth someone throws a punch and fists start flying. Police were called.
Plano police Officer David Tilley explained. “The officers on scene they saw the mayhem of everything going on out there.”
Officers were able to break up the brawl and two juvenile teens were arrested at the scene. Police are still examining the video and could possibly charge more.
The cause of the fight is still under investigation. Tilley admitted, “We really don’t know and that’s what we’re checking into — is to what created and escalated this fight.”
Madison Cathey plays softball for Plano Senior High. She said, “I wasn’t expecting it to be that bad. According to Madison, the brawl was the result of Twitter bashing between schools before the Plano-Plano West football game.
“A lot of people knew it was going to happen,” she said. “Everybody was taking about how they were going to Whataburger and fight after the game.”
A spokesperson for Plano schools said the district would not investigate the incident, because the fight took place off campus.
In the 16-second video a Whataburger employee can be seen trying to break up the fight that surprisingly ended with no one being seriously injured.
Monday night Whataburger released this statement -
“We’re reviewing all of the events from the evening, including our own employee involvement, and will take appropriate action as needed. The large number of students that converged at our restaurant with the intention of fighting quickly became unmanageable for staff and security, and the situation escalated.”
- PD: Teen Shot Two Burleson Detectives After Robbing Bank
- Lady Antebellum, Pat Green Booked For Abbott Bash
- Former Youth Pastor Indicted On Child Pornography Charges
- NFL NFC Playoff Scenarios
- Police: Home Invasion Prompted Deadly Shooting
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures