Babysitter Murder Trial Continues In Dallas
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - The man accused of killing a 16-year-old babysitter is back in court on Tuesday. It is the second day of the murder trial for Franklin Davis, and there has already been some emotional testimony as the mother of the teenage victim took the stand in Dallas on Monday.
Shania Gray was just one month away from testifying against the defendant. He was under indictment on four counts of sexual assault. The prosecution said that Davis killed Gray to prevent her from speaking in court. Gray was found dead in September of last year. She had been shot twice and strangled.
Davis has admitted to killing Gray, but he maintains that he never raped the victim. His attorney said that Davis does not deserve the death penalty.
Gray’s mom was the first person to take the witness stand when the trial began on Monday. Sherry Gray-James said that she waited to pick up her daughter at Hebron High School in Carrollton. But, the prosecution said, the defendant was on the other side of campus, persuading the victim to go with him to talk about the sexual assault case.
Prosecutors called this a case about drowning innocence in deceit, deception and debauchery. They said that Davis lured Gray by posing as a young boy on Facebook.
- “Home” Bests “Get Hard” At Box Office
- Tim Cook Blasts ‘Religious Objection’ Laws
- Projecting The Rangers Opening Day Roster
- Police: North Richland Hills Woman Posed As Attorney
- Divisive Repeal Of In-State Tuition Law Takes Center Stage
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures