IRVING (105.3 THE FAN) — The Cowboys will need a consistent pass rush to disrupt the NFC’s top passing attack on Sunday in New Orleans. They’re expecting help from a familiar face.
On his weekly show with 105.3 The Fan’s New School with Shan & RJ, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said the team expects defensive end DeMarcus Ware to return for Sunday night’s matchup with the Saints.
“You have to make a tough decision when to really put the stress on the muscle — the injury situation. I think he’s ready,” said Jones.
Ware has missed the last three games with a strained right thigh, an injury he suffered on Oct. 13 against the Redskins. He has been limited to four sacks in six games this season, after not having missed a single game in his first eight seasons in the league.
“We made an investment in the latter part of the season to be conservative on how fast we put him out there,” said Jones.
The prognoses for wide receiver Miles Austin and cornerback Morris Claiborne aren’t quite as hopeful.
“I think that both of those guys look doubtful,” said Jones. “We’ll see these first two days. For our injured players, Monday and Tuesday are really big days.”
Austin, who has battled hamstring issues throughout the season and his career, has missed the past two games. Claiborne also missed Sunday’s game against Detroit with a hamstring injury.
“Can they push off? Can they use the injured area? They have to or they’ll hurt something else apart from exacerbating that injury,” said Jones. “They did some good work yesterday; we’ll see what they do today. I can’t really say whether they’ll be on the field against New Orleans or not.”
Jerry Jones joins New School with Shan & RJ, every Tuesday at 8:15 am on 105.3 The Fan!
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Latest NBA Power Rankings
- Latest NHL Power Rankings
- Keidel: March Madness Lives Up To The Name
- 30 Players: Ohtani, Barreto Top List Of Best Prospects In AL West
- Baylor Women Reach 10th Straight Sweet 16 With Win Over Michigan
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures