IRVING (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said on his radio show Tuesday on 105.3 The Fan that defensive end DeMarcus Ware was likely to return after missing the first three games of his nine-career with a thigh injury.
“You have to make a tough decision when to really put the stress on the muscle — the injury situation. I think he’s ready,” said Jones.
The Cowboys also waived defensive tackle Marvin Austin, who missed Sunday’s game against Minnesota with a back injury. Coach Jason Garrett said Austin injured his back in Friday’s practice. Austin played against Detroit less than a week after signing with Dallas, recording one tackle in his only game.
The Cowboys have been shuffling defensive lineman on the roster and their lineup since backup Tyrone Crawford and starter Anthony Spencer were injured at the start of training camp.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Softball Series Teaches Players Powerful Lessons In Overcoming Adversity
- Mother Pleads For Justice After Son Gunned Down In Oak Cliff
- Texas Lawmakers OK Budget But ‘Bathroom Bill’ Still In Limbo
- Texas Approves Bill To Allow Guns Near School In Parked Cars
- DeSoto Native Errol Spence Jr Takes IBF World Welterweight Title
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures