Cowboys Waive Marvin Austin; Ware Return Expected
IRVING (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said on his radio show Tuesday on 105.3 The Fan that defensive end DeMarcus Ware was likely to return after missing the first three games of his nine-career with a thigh injury.
“You have to make a tough decision when to really put the stress on the muscle — the injury situation. I think he’s ready,” said Jones.
The Cowboys also waived defensive tackle Marvin Austin, who missed Sunday’s game against Minnesota with a back injury. Coach Jason Garrett said Austin injured his back in Friday’s practice. Austin played against Detroit less than a week after signing with Dallas, recording one tackle in his only game.
The Cowboys have been shuffling defensive lineman on the roster and their lineup since backup Tyrone Crawford and starter Anthony Spencer were injured at the start of training camp.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Police Identify Millmar Drive Double-Murder Suspect
- Road Rage Driver Forces Couple Off The Road
- Thieves Steal Local Boy Scout Trailer Packed With Gear & Supplies
- CBS Sports’ Solomon Wilcots: Saints’ Offensive Line Is Deteriorating In Front Of Brees
- Fort Worth Firefighter Injured Battling Blaze
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures