AUSTIN (AP) — Arizona State athletic director Steve Patterson has accepted the athletic director’s job at the University of Texas.
Arizona State President Michael M. Crow issued a statement Tuesday wishing Patterson well at Texas.
West Virginia’s Oliver Luck had been widely reported as the favorite for the Texas position. Patterson emerged as the top candidate after interviewing with Texas’ search advisory committee over the weekend.
Patterson will replace DeLoss Dodds, who is stepping down after 32 years at Texas. Patterson will take over the country’s wealthiest college athletic department with an annual budget of nearly $170 million.
He also inherits questions over the job security of Longhorns football coach Mack Brown and basketball coach Rick Barnes.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Oklahoma Bashes Oklahoma State 58-23 In Bedlam
- LSU Defeat Texas A&M 19-7
- UTEP Defeats North Texas 20-17
- Texas Tech Rallies To Hand Hawaii Its First Loss, 82-74
- Texas A&M Women Fall To Ohio State In Final Game Of Thanksgiving Shootout
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures