Texas Man Who Killed HIV-Positive Mistress Gets 40 Years
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — A Dallas jury has handed down a 40-year prison sentence to a man who admitted to killing his mistress after finding out she was HIV positive.
Larry Dunn was sentenced Tuesday after four days of jury deliberations.
The jury had sent a note to the judge saying it was deadlocked, but the judge sent jurors back Tuesday morning to continue to decide on a sentence.
Dunn had faced up to life in prison after admitting he killed Cicely Bolden.
The 37-year-old Dunn admitted in a video confession that he was cheating on his wife with Bolden in September 2012, when she told him she was HIV positive. A week later, Dunn returned to her Oak Cliff apartment, had sex with her a final time, then stabbed her in the neck and left her to bleed to death.
To date, Dunn has not tested positive for HIV.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Jacksonville Jaguars Place All Of Their Eggs In Basket Of Blake Bortles
- Former DPD Officer Guilty In Beating Of Suspect Jailed
- Rocket Explodes During Test Flight; No Injuries
- Man Indicted For Aiming Laser Pointer At Aircraft
- Officer’s Association Calling For FWPD Chief’s Resignation