LEWISVILLE (CBSDFW.COM) – A three-alarm fire destroyed approximately 10 apartment homes in Lewisville early Tuesday morning, displacing a number of families.
Just after 4:30 a.m., firefighters were called to the Autumn Breeze Apartments along business Highway 121 at Southwest Parkway.
The fire quickly escalated to two-alarms, and then to three a short time later.
Firefighters from Lewisville, The Colony, Lake Cities and Flower Mound assisted at the scene, and contained the fire to one building.
According to Anita Foster with the American Red Cross, an estimated 40 people will need assistance.
Teams are working to secure safe housing for the displaced residents and are providing the necessary resources for the families.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- North Texas Doctors Navigate Icy Conditions To Save Lives
- 4 North Texas Police Agencies Looking For Forgery Suspect
- Active Shooter Training For School District Police
- Deadly Drunk Driving Probation Sentence Leaves Families Stunned
- Another Ice Storm Byproduct: Storm Related Injuries
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures