AT&T Stadium To Host Richest 1-Day Rodeo
Get Breaking News First
Sports Fan Insider
ARLINGTON (AP) – Barrel racing’s first million-dollar cowgirl is coming out of a decade-long retirement from world-class competition for the richest one-day rodeo next year.
Organizers of The American announced Wednesday that 11-time barrel racing world champion Charmayne James has accepted an exemption invitation for the March 2 event at the Dallas Cowboys’ stadium.
James is the third champion coming out of retirement for the rodeo where each event will pay $100,000 for first place. There is a potential purse of $2 million.
Six-time bronc riding world champ Dan Mortensen and two-time Professional Bull Riders champion Justin McBride previously accepted exemption invitations.
James has run barrel horse clinics and designed saddles and riding gear since retiring in 2003. She says she has stayed active but will definitely start to train even harder.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- RHP Jerome Williams Becomes 31st Rangers Pitcher
- Lifetime Drops Reality TV Show On Fort Worth Mortuary
- Cowboys’ Romo To Sit Out Afternoon Practice
- FBI Seeks Help Identifying Violent Bank Robbers
- Trending: #JWP Arrest, #WeStillComing Real Story, I’m On Vacation
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures