IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) — A day after waiving defensive tackle Marvin Austin, the Dallas Cowboys filled the roster spot by signing rookie DT Everett Dawkins off the Vikings practice squad.
Dawkins was drafted by the Vikings in the 7th round (229th overall) out of Florida State in the 2013 NFL Draft.
The 6-foot-3, 304 pound Dawkins started 41 games in four years at Florida State, earning a selection to the 2012 Under Armour Senior Bowl. He has not appeared in an NFL regular season game.
The Cowboys also signed a pair of players to the practice squad, according to the team’s website. Guard Phillipkeith Manley (Toledo) and defensive end Hall Davis (Louisiana-Lafayette) were added to fill out the eight-man squad.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Carjacker Assaults Navy Veteran At Gas Station
- Juror In Antonio Cochran Murder Trial Wants To Set Record Straight
- Measles Outbreak In Waxahachie
- North Texas High Product To Play In Super Bowl
- Spirited Facebook Live Discussion On President Trump’s First Year In Office
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Postal Worker Pleads Guilty In $450K Jewelry Theft Case
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures