Fort Hood Massacre Site To Be Demolished
Get Breaking News First
FORT HOOD (AP) - A building at a Central Texas post where an Army psychiatrist opened fire and fatally shot 13 people will be demolished and replaced with a memorial park.
Public works officials at Fort Hood on Tuesday, the fourth anniversary of the rampage, announced plans to raze the structure that’s part of the Soldier Readiness Processing Center.
The area was fenced off and considered a crime scene until August when Nidal Hasan was convicted and sentenced to death over the attack. More than 30 people were wounded in the shooting spree.
Spokesman Brian Dosa says no timetable has been set for demolishing the building.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Can Cowboys Be Punished For Adrian-To-Jerry Call?
- Arrow Through The Heart Kills Beloved Llama
- Adrian Peterson ‘Would Love To Retire As A Viking’
- Highway Construction Posing Problems For Firefighters
- Judge Declares Public School Financing System Unconstitutional
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures