Fort Hood Massacre Site To Be Demolished
Get Breaking News First
FORT HOOD (AP) - A building at a Central Texas post where an Army psychiatrist opened fire and fatally shot 13 people will be demolished and replaced with a memorial park.
Public works officials at Fort Hood on Tuesday, the fourth anniversary of the rampage, announced plans to raze the structure that’s part of the Soldier Readiness Processing Center.
The area was fenced off and considered a crime scene until August when Nidal Hasan was convicted and sentenced to death over the attack. More than 30 people were wounded in the shooting spree.
Spokesman Brian Dosa says no timetable has been set for demolishing the building.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Court Challenge To Voter ID Law Nears End
- “The Maze Runner” Tops Box Office
- Perry Says Schools Were Adequately Funded
- Jury Selection Begins In Kaufman Murder Trial
- Rua’s 1st HR Lifts Rangers Past Angels
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures