NORTH TEXAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – There are probably a million books promising to show you how to be a millionaire, but if it was that easy we’d all be wealthy, right?
According to a new book, that looks at the habits of wealthy people, it’s the things you do every day that can help you strike it rich.
Having a fancy car, nice house, taking first class trips… it’s a nice life if you can get it. But how do you get it?
Researcher Tom Corley said, “Our daily habits are responsible for our financial situation.”
Corley spent five years studying the habits of the wealthy and the poor for his new book. For starters, he says, the wealthy get up early.
“Everyday I’m up at about 5:30,” said North Texas millionaire Tony Jeary, who is an author and coach to executives. “I have five different trainers.”
According to Jeary, Corley’s list of habits is right on the money. “Instead of getting up in the last minute and hurrying, hurrying, hurrying, and then you’re stressed. Instead get up early, approach your day [and] look at your plan.”
But it’s not just waking up early. Corley says the wealthy spend a half hour each day exercising and they watch what they eat.
The affluent also apparently spend between 30 and 40 minutes a day reading educational or self-help materials. And get this… they don’t gossip.
“I think you should talk about the positives of everybody,” suggested Jeary. “And I think we all need to catch ourselves gossiping to ourselves and to others.”
Corley says for the wealthy like Jeary relationships are precious and gossip can sink them.
- Dallas Legal Community Reacts To Prominent Attorney’s Death
- Surveillance Footage Shows Robbery Suspects Pull Out Gun Near Child
- Texas State Rep Tweets About Response Time By Dallas PD
- Selig, Schuerholz Elected To Baseball Hall Of Fame
- Cowboys Clinch Playoff Spot After Redskins Loss
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures