Chess & Rubber Duck Reach Toy Hall Of Fame
Get Breaking News First
ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) - The rubber duck has squeaked out a win for a place in the National Toy Hall of Fame.
The bath toy joins the ancient game of chess in the class of 2013 inducted Thursday.
The pair beat out 10 other finalists for a spot in the 15-year-old hall. The finalists that didn’t make the cut include bubbles, the board game Clue and little green Army men.
Chess is one of the world’s oldest games, tracing its history to an ancient Indian war game.
Hall officials say no one knows exactly who hatched the rubber duck, though squeak toys have been around since the 1800s.
The National Toy Hall of Fame is located inside The Strong Museum in Rochester.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- GM Financial To Expand Operations Center In Arlington
- House OKs Bill To block Obama Deportation Relief
- TxDOT Shuts Down Portion Of I-35W For Weekend
- Colleyville West Nile Woes Continue Despite Aggressive Treatment
- Non-Profit Joins Fight Against Ebola Outbreak, Sends Supplies
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures