Plano Warns High School Students To Behave After Rivalry Game
COLLIN COUNTY (CBSDFW.COM) - Football coaches and police are preparing their game plans for tomorrow night’s rivalry game between Plano West and Plano South. Tomorrow marks one week since Friday night lights turned into a Friday night fistfight at a Plano Whataburger.
The district’s high school principals released letters to students and parents Thursday, encouraging civility. Students were reminded that their reputation “doesn’t stop at the school door.”
The letters also gave stern warnings about repercussions for any off-campus fights after the game.
Plano police Officer David Tilley says there’s potential for more problems coming up, and for that reason, police are stepping up their game as well.
Police plan to deploy officers to the Whataburger where last week’s scuffle happened. They will also monitor chatter among students to make sure they know where large groups plan on gathering.
“As long as they’re going to be playing by the rules and not causing any problems then we don’t have any problems with them doing that,” said Officer Tilley.
Police said they don’t want to interfere with the student tradition of meeting up at the Whataburger after games, but insist they won’t tolerate another violent outburst either.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- DPD Bicycle Officer Collapses While On The Job
- Diaw Scores 19 To Lead Spurs In 94-76 Win Over Mavericks
- Shoot Or Don’t Shoot? Simulator Puts Citizens In Police Officer’s Shoes
- Texas Looks To Shine Light On Private Campus Police Records
- With Water Restrictions Easing Soon, Will Residents Return To Old Ways?
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures