Rangers, Perez Agree To $12.5M, 4-Year Deal
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – The Texas Rangers and left-hander Martin Perez have agreed to a $12.5 million, four-year contract that includes three club options through 2020.
One of the Rangers’ top prospects, Perez went 10-6 with a 3.62 ERA over 20 starts this past season, striking out 84 and walking 37.
He started the season on the disabled list after breaking his left forearm during spring training.
The 22-year-old became the first Texas rookie to win six consecutive starts and went nearly two months between losses.
Perez signed with the Rangers as a 16-year-old free agent from Venezuela.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Talk Of Closing Olive Street In Downtown Dallas
- Zebra Mussels Move Into Denton Water System
- Top 5 Starting Rotations If The Playoffs Started Today
- Teen Defies Odds; Lives Well Past Doctor’s Prognosis
- Preparations For Unaccompanied Children Comes To Screeching Halt
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures