Another Minor Quake Shakes North Texas
Get Breaking News First
SPRINGTOWN (AP) - North Texas has had at least four minor earthquakes this week in the same general area about 20 miles northwest of Fort Worth.
Emergency officials say no damage or injuries were immediately reported, including after a 2.9 magnitude quake recorded at 10:32 p.m. CST Thursday. The U.S. Geological Survey says the earthquake was centered 2 miles east-southeast of Springtown.
USGS says a 2.7 magnitude quake happened Wednesday morning about 3 miles south-southwest of Springtown.
A 2.6 magnitude earthquake was recorded Tuesday night in the nearby Reno area. USGS says that was followed minutes later by a 2.3 quake centered a few miles away in the Newark area.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- State Designation Could Save Astrodome
- Hyundai Recalls 883K Sonatas To Fix Gear Shifters
- AT&T Picks San Antonio For Faster Internet
- Americans Cool To Border-Crossing Kids
- Cowboys Rookie Lawrence Out With Broken Foot
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures