DALLAS (105.3 THE FAN) – With multiple reports this past week of Cowboys WR Dez Bryant having issues with a possible herniated disc, GM/Owner Jerry Jones made it clear he has no idea where a report like that came from.
On his weekly show on 105.3 The Fan, Jones was asked about his level of concern with Dez’s back issues and replied, “he was moving well yesterday (Thursday) at practice. I look for him to do the same today. He caught the ball as well as he’s ever caught it.”
Jones typically will not comment on details of player injuries before they are confirmed by team physicians, but when asked if Bryant was suffering from a ‘herniated disc’ Jones said “I haven’t heard anything like that, or anything close to it,” and continued “I have no idea what you are talking about.”
Looking forward to the weekend Jones gave his thoughts on the Cowboys traveling to New Orleans to take on head coach Sean Payton and former Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan.
“I’ve been real impressed with how well their defense is playing. I think so highly of Rob Ryan as a coach and how he approaches the game.” said Jones while admitting that the Saints defense “is going to give us fits.”
Offensively Jones thinks the Cowboys “will be in good health” and thinks the options at receivers are good, but that the Cowboys need to score points or “we’ll be in trouble.”
Jones also admitted that he wasn’t sure if veteran DT Jason Hatcher would be playing saying it could be a game-time decision. “He certainly couldn’t if he had to go today” said Jones in regards to the ‘stinger’ (compressed nerve) that has kept Hatcher away from practice all week.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Texas Allowing Transgender Inmates To Start Hormone Therapy
- Texas Couple Charged With Forcing Nanny To Work For No Pay
- After Challenging Holiday, Sears To Speed Up Store Closings
- Living With People They Bite, Zika Mosquitoes Hard To Fight
- Bedford Apartment Fire Leaves 1 Person Dead
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures