DALLAS (AP) – Drivers lacking cash but with phones have more options for high-tech parking meters in Dallas.
City officials and PayByPhone Technologies on Friday announced drivers can pay for metered parking with a credit or debit card using a smartphone app or by calling a toll-free number.
PayByPhone can also send users a text message five minutes before their meter expires with the option to pay for more time.
City parking enforcement manager Paul Curington says it’s a simple way to add parking time from wherever you are without worrying about getting a ticket.
A free PayByPhone account can be set up using a smartphone app.
Drivers can also call 1-888-680-7275 to set up an account using a credit or debit card. A 35-cent convenience fee applies per transaction.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Trump Intensifies Criticism Of His Attorney General
- 2017 Conference USA Football Preview: West Division
- 5 Injured In Ammonia Leak At Dallas Bakery Plant
- Cowboys Lucky Whitehead In Trouble With The Law Over Shoplifting Charge
- Rangers Advise Public Of Parking Lot Changes
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures