GARLAND (CBSDFW.COM) – Residents in Garland were evacuated from their homes Friday morning after a car left the road and struck a propane tank.
Around 6:15 a.m., an SUV involved in a two-car accident went of the road and hit the tank, which was sitting in a resident’s yard near Beltline Road and Buckingham.
The Plano Fire Department says the tank did not have much propane in it, but the evacuations were necessary while the tank was secured.
Garland Police PIO Joe Harn says officers evacuated homes within a half-mile radius of the leak.
“No one has been injured, and we’re just making that safe before we let people back in their homes,” said Harn.
Officials say the tank has been secured. The Plano Health Department is on scene inspecting the tank.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Suspect Arrested In Connection Fort Worth Home Invasion
- New Recycling Plant In Dallas Meant To Make Process Easier
- Frisco Mom & Sunday School Teacher Dies Helping Stranger
- Dallas VA Patients Return For Appointments After Bomb Scare
- Ex-US Rep. Stockman Indicted For Misusing Donations
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures