TCU Names College Of Communication After Bob Schieffer
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Texas Christian University has bestowed another laurel upon its star journalism alumnus.
TCU trustees voted Friday to rename its College of Communications the Schieffer College of Communications, effective immediately, for CBS News Chief Washington Correspondent Bob Schieffer. Each week Schieffer appears on CBS 11 News at 4pm, updating viewers on the latest Washington news and events.
Shieffer, who is the host of “Face the Nation”, is a 1959 graduate of the TCU journalism school. He was a reporter at the Fort Worth Star-Telegram and an anchor at what is now television station KXAS before moving on to CBS News.
In 2004, TCU named its journalism school the Schieffer School of Journalism. The journalism school will retain that name in the Schieffer College of Communication.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Family: Benbrook Man Was The Victim Of Deadly Slip & Fall Accident
- Actress Finds More Freedom With “Bionic” Arm
- Ethics Reviews Come Amid Ties Between Police Chiefs & Taser Int’l
- States Say Obama Administration Misled Judge On Immigration
- SMU Students Mark History Milestone With Trip To Selma
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures