Senior Couple Killed In Balch Springs Crash
BALCH SPRINGS (CBSDFW.COM) – An older couple from Joshua was killed Thursday evening after a two-car crash in Balch Springs, police said.
The accident happened around 7:40 p.m. along the southbound I-635 exit to eastbound I-20, police said.
When they arrived, officers found a Toyota Corolla with one person inside and a Honda CRV with two people. The female driver of the Honda was taken to Methodist Hospital by air ambulance but later died. The male passenger of the Honda died at the scene.
The Dallas County Medical Examiner identified the victims as 74-year-old Ronda Whitwell and 79-year-old Glenn Whitwell. Public records show they are from Joshua.
The driver of the other car was not hurt. Police did not say whether charges would be filed.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Now Is The Time To Trade Overachievers For Underachievers In Fantasy Baseball
- Light Up Arlington Packs Streets For Annual Display
- Patrick Grassroots Board Dissolves Amid Tea Party Grumbling
- Flooding And FAA Almost Force Coppell To Cancel Fireworks
- Lake Arlington Is Packed For Fourth
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures