Mavs’ Carter Suspended One Game For Elbow At OKC
Mavericks CentralShop for Mavericks Gear
Buy Mavericks Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas Mavericks forward Vince Carter has been suspended one game without pay for throwing an elbow at the head of Thunder center Steven Adams on Wednesday night.
Rod Thorn, President of Basketball Operations, made the announcement on Friday morning.
Carter was assessed a flagrant 2 foul and ejected immediately following the incident in the third quarter, in which he made contact with the head of Adams. Oklahoma City won the game 107-93 behind 23 points from Kevin Durant.
The 16-year veteran will miss the Mavericks’ game at the Minnesota Timberwolves on Friday night.
Carter is averaging just 9.2 ppg on 37-percent shooting this season.
You can view the play that drew the suspension here.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Rangers Fall 16-2 To White Sox At Globe Life Park
- Spurs Escape Mavs To Win Opening Playoff Game, 90-85
- Lewis Gets 1st Win In 2 Years As Rangers Defeat White Sox
- Perez Scores In 88th As FC Dallas Tops Toronto 2-1
- Stars Home, Ready For Return Of Playoffs To Dallas
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures