DALLAS (AP) — Marian Hossa scored two goals and the Chicago Blackhawks defeated the Dallas Stars 5-2 Saturday night.
Patrick Sharp assisted on the first four goals for Chicago.
Patrick Kane added a power-play goal and Niklas Hjalmarsson had a short-handed empty-net goal and Jonathan Toews also scored for Chicago.
The Blackhawks used two short passes across the ice, from Sharp and Andrew Shaw across the ice to Kane, to set up the game-winning shot at 18:15 of the second period.
Against Chicago’s penalty-killing unit, which ranked last in the NHL, Dallas failed to score on six power plays. The Stars are 0 for 24 at home this season.
Hossa evened the score 1-1 in the first period after Cody Eakin had scored for Dallas. Toews scored midway through the second period, after a goal by Tyler Seguin.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 9-Year-Old Taken To Hospital After Near-Drowning
- At Least 7 Stabbed At Protest Outside California Capitol
- North Texans Remember Garland and Rowlett Tornadoes
- Tony Stewart Snaps 84-Race Drought With Win At Sonoma
- Naval Academy Grad Hurley Wins Quicken Loans National
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures