ALLEN (CBSDFW.COM) – A teenager from Allen who died in car crash Thursday was laid to rest Sunday. Emily Stambaugh, 17, was a senior at Allen High School. Her funeral was held at Turrentine Jackson Morrow Funeral Home.
Investigators believe the teen was texting on her cell phone at the time of the crash. Her car hit a curb, struck a tree and slammed into a brick wall.
A growing crash scene memorial of flowers, stuffed animals and pictures continued to grow Friday night.
Stambaugh would have graduated from high school in 2014.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Technical Issues Plague Pokemon Go Festival In Chicago
- John McCain’s Daughter Tweets Photo Of Hike After Brain Cancer Diagnosis
- Civil Rights Icon Leads March Through California Comic-Con
- President Trump’s Weekly Address & Democratic Response
- Actor John Heard, Of ‘Home Alone’ Movies, Dies At 71
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures