2 People Hurt After Crash In Mansfield
MANSFIELD (CBSDFW.COM) - One person is in critical condition after a crash in Mansfield early Monday morning. The incident took place a little after 2:30 a.m. where Highway 287 meets Highway 360. Investigators with the Mansfield Police Department are now trying to determine exactly what may have happened.
So far, officials only know that two vehicles — a white Ford F-150 pickup truck and a tan four-door Toyota Camry — were both traveling southbound along Highway 287 when they somehow collided.
There were two people inside of the Toyota. The driver was a 28-year-old man who was taken to a nearby hospital by air ambulance in critical condition. The passenger was a teenage girl who was transported to the hospital by ground ambulance in serious condition. The driver of the pickup truck was a 40-year-old man. He was not injured, and was able to walk away from the scene. Authorities have not released the names of any of the victims.
The Mansfield Police Department said that two witnesses have been interviewed.
All lanes of southbound Highway 287 were shut down while police conducted an investigation into the crash, but the road opened back up to traffic shortly after 6:00 a.m. Monday morning, once the scene had been cleared.
- Austin Police: Shooter Targets Buildings Downtown
- Texas A&M Run Over By LSU, 23-17
- No. 6 TCU’s 48-10 Romp Leaves Texas Reeling
- No. 5 Baylor till on pace for Big 12 repeat
- Denton Barbers Help Homeless Resident Get New Look
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures