Amazon, US Postal Service Will Deliver On Sundays
Get Breaking News First
NEW YORK (AP) — Amazon says it is teaming up with the U.S. Postal Service to deliver packages on Sundays.
The Seattle company says Sunday delivery will be available to Amazon Prime members in the New York and Los Angeles metropolitan areas at first. Amazon and the Postal Service plan to roll out service to “a large portion of the U.S. population” next year, including Dallas, Houston, New Orleans, and Phoenix.
Amazon Prime membership costs $79 a year. Members get free two-day shipping on millions of items on the site and access to Amazon’s TV and movie streaming service. Amazon.com Inc. says members can add eligible items to their carts and will see Sunday delivery at checkout when it is available.
Shares of Amazon slipped 81 cents to $349.50 in premarket trading.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Stars Retire Modano’s No. 9 Jersey
- No. 18 SMU Falters In 2nd Half Vs No. 20 Memphis
- TCU Winless In Big 12, Loses 97-67 To No. 23 OU
- Memorial Service Held For Murdered Richardson ISD Teacher, Mother Of Two
- Untapped Festival Features 65 Breweries, Over 200 Drinks
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures