Cornyn Hopes “Scary” Ad Will Help Texas Republicans
Get Breaking News First
NORTH TEXAS (CBSDFW.COM) – One of the latest pushes by Senator John Cornyn’s “Keep Texas Red” campaign involves a very dark photo of the nation’s top Democratic leaders… literally.
The website features a photo of President Barack Obama, Minority Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Attorney General Eric Holder. The photo of the three has been digitally manipulated and has stark light and dark contrasts.
The President’s hands are mystically on either side of the state of Texas. Trying to appeal to those who vote red in Texas, the ad asks for donations to “fight back.”
The goal of the Keep Texas Red campaign is to help the re-election efforts of state Republicans.
Democrats, on the state and national level, say shifting political opinions and growing minority populations are helping Turn Texas Blue.
The 30-day filing period, when one can apply to seek public office runs through December 9.
- Rangers Rally To Win In Oakland, 5-4
- Residents Respond To Findings In West Fertilizer Blast Report
- Cities Deal With Ice Storm Debt After FEMA Denies Claims
- Number Of Teens Smoking Alcohol On The Rise
- Seniors Celebrate Earth Day By Gardening
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures