Garrett: Cowboys Need To ‘Refresh, Regroup’ In Bye Week
DALLAS (105.3 THE FAN) - The Dallas Cowboys were beaten and battered heading into Sunday night’s game against the Saints. They left New Orleans in even worse shape.
Miles Austin was inactive with a hamstring injury. Defensive tackle Jason Hatcher couldn’t overcome a neck injury and was inactive.
And the Dallas defense, which surrendered a franchise-high 625 yards and an NFL-record 40 first downs, lost captain Sean Lee to a hamstring injury in the second quarter.
“Well certainly the injuries are a factor. There’s no question about that,” said head coach Jason Garrett with 105.3 The Fan’s New School. “You have to somehow, someway deal with it and figure it out…We weren’t able to get that done.”
Lee had an MRI on Monday morning, and several outlets are reporting he will miss the next 3-4 weeks.
But Garrett is hoping the NFC East leading Cowboys will recover and get healthy with its week 11 bye.
“We have everything we want in front of us. The biggest thing we have to do is refresh, regroup, get some guys healthy, go back to work, and get ready for our next challenge against the Giants.”
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Rangers Drop First Preseason Game To KC Royals 13-2
- Carbon Monoxide Leak Closes DISD Elementary School For 2nd Day
- Roger Goodell Accepts Responsibility For Seating Problem
- Vikings To Meet With Adrian Peterson On Wednesday
- Texan Arrested With Sword In Cane, Trying To Visit Jailed Son
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures