Hundreds Of Lots For Sale In Fort Worth’s Stop Six Neighborhood
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - The City of Fort Worth has hundreds of properties it wants to get back on the tax rolls. It wants to clear close to 400 properties from homes to vacant lots to commercial properties in November.
Monday morning neighbors were eyeing two vacant lots in the middle of the Stop Six neighborhood.
“I would love – love to see some changes here,” says Twellia Lise “I would like to see more people buy them it’s a lot of empty lots.”
On Lise’s street there are two pieces of property on sale. She says she’s been waiting for a new neighbor.
The city wants to sell to the highest bidder in the auction next week.
“What I see is a lot of opportunity,” says Pastor Earnest Johnson with New Covenant Community Church on Fitzhugh Avenue.
He says the church will bid on a piece of property across the street from New Covenant.
The selling price is just $10 and $110 in back taxes.
“That’s amazing and we intend to bid on it,” laughs Pastor Johnson “We intend to purchase it.”
Pastor Johnson says owning the property would mean growing his congregation “We can encourage a lot more community growth here may be put in parks for our children and help them grow up in a nice area where they are safe.”
The city says the highest minimum bid is $25,000. Successful bidders must also pay taxes owned on the property.
The city says the properties have been divided into three sales.
The first one starts November 18 and as soon as the city has all the bids the bidder will be notified.
City council will approve any sales in December. For a list of property locations, click here.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Jury In Super Bowl Seating Trial To Hear From NFL Commisioner
- Fears Turns To Frustration For Lakewood Elementary Parents
- Community Chips In To Rebuild Keller Family’s Home
- Authorities Say Teens Getting Dangerous Hallucinogens In The Mail
- DISD Student Captures Teacher’s Profanity-Laced Lecture On Cell Phone
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures